The Petzl GriGri is the latest redesign of the classic assisted-braking device. The GriGri lets climbers get on with climbing without worrying about the belayers actions interfering with progression up a route through a smoother belaying action, even if the actual belay technique remains the same. The Petzl GriGri now allows the use of thinner ropes, you can now use diameters of between 8.5 and 11mm. Even though thinnner ropes are now facilitated, the lowering of a climber is actually smoother due to a revised descent control system giving a larger ‘sweet spot’ and more progressive assisted braking capability. The icing on the cake is that the GriGri only weighs in at 175g, is 5% lighter, and with an updated design is more durable and easy-to-use than the GriGri 2.
- Rope installation diagram engraved on both the interior and exterior of the device
- The ergonomic handle allows you to easily lower someone
- Smooth descent control is achieved thanks to the progressive action of the cam
- 8.5 to 11 mm single rope (optimised for 8.9 to 10.5 mm)
- aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle
**Please note: We are unable to accept returns on climbing hardware, harnesses or any items governed by PPE Law.**
Red/Orange, Blue, Grey